So I’ve been thinking. Now that my interview season is coming to an end, I really no longer have any excuse for not doing anything productive these days. And I’ve really been slacking y’all. There’s so much that I need/want to do now that I have the time!
I decided that starting on Monday, January 16, 2011. I’m putting myself on a schedule. I REFUSE to waste this time away by not being productive! It’s just not in me. Lazy time was fun. Now it’s time to get it together.
1. Wake up when it’s still morning time – As simple as it sounds, I haven’t been doing it! And it really does throw my entire day off. I don’t eat breakfast, I end up being lazy, and before I turn around, the day’s GONE. I can’t live this life….smh. So I’m hoping to start waking up between 8 am – 9:30 am. Doesn’t that sound reasonable? I think so too…but in order to make sure that happens, I need to follow up with #2.
2. Going to sleep at a reasonable hour – I. Need. Sleep. And I get it. It’s just that I end up going to sleep in the wee hours of the morning so I end up waking up super late! I can’t do that anymore. I just can’t. I am determined to at least be in bed with the lights off by 1 am the latest during a normal weekday (if I’m going out somewhere then of course…adjustments will be made…lol. But otherwise!). I have decided.
3. Personal Morning Devotion – This is usually a constant for me regardless of when I wake up but I still wanted to include it anyway. That is all.
4. Personal Nightly Devotion – You guys can probably tell that I’ve been slacking with this (as per the inconsistencies of the “A Call to Stand Apart” series. Well no more! I’m getting it together. I’m designating 30 minutes before bedtime as my nightly devotion time. That’ll probably be around 12:30 or earlier, but whenever I decide I’m gonna go to bed I need to make time to spend with Jesus. Real talk.
5. EAT! – As much as I LOVE food, I have been absolutely cruel to my body! because I’m not waking up on time, I often end up eating only two meals a day. Like, WHAT??? No bueno! I am determined to have breakfast, lunch, AND dinner each day. My body deserves, and needs, it. Waking up on time will definitely help with that I’m sure.
6. Work out – Seriously, I have no reason not to work out. I have all the tools, I have a plan in place. I just need to execute! My goal is to work out daily, M-F after my morning devotion and smoothie 🙂 There’s no reason why I can’t do that. Absolutely none. So I’m gonna do it.
7. Leave the house – Again…it sounds soooo simple. But the fact that I can spend days on end without getting any sunlight, is a problem. I NEED to leave the house at least once a day for sanity’s sake. And I will. I need to get sunlight, fresh air. I want to spend time hanging out with my friends and fam now that I have the time, and darn it, I’m gonna!
8. Complete Medical Spanish course – I’ve always loved the Spanish language. I studied it all through high school and my two years of undergrad and loved it. I definitely want to be able to be more fluent and use it to interact with my patients. So…to help occupy my free time, keep me away from laziness, and just make me a better physician, I have decided to take an online Medical Spanish course. I wanted to do one in a classroom setting so that i’d be motivated to do work and leave the house and stuff. But…that isn’t really panning out. Plus…the fact that I still have to PAY outta pocket for this online course…yeah that should be enough to keep me motivated. It’s self-paced and self-guided. I’m going to dedicate at least an hour a day per lesson, which is definitely reasonable. My set “class time” will be 11:30 am – 12:45 pm (I may want to give myself a 15 minute break 😀 ) M-F beginning January 16th. The course has been bought. Monday, it’s ON like POPCORN!
9. Less Technology, More READING – I’m always complaining about how I haven’t read any good books lately. Time for less complaining and more action. I have 2 books that I bought over the summer that I’ve BARELY touched. And one that I received recently about the joys of pediatrics that I really want to make time to read. So I’m designating at least 2 hours for leisurely reading every day (provided I’m not going out anywhere or doing anything during these times) from 4 pm – 6 pm. No TV, no Twitter. Just me, and a good book. I may even do some book reviews on the blog once I get done with them…there’s a thought.
10. Let it ride…but stay on track – This is just a reminder that not everyday is going to go according to my plan. And it’s important to be flexible above everything else. Continue with the goals, but be able to adjust when needed.
Honestly, I think I just need structure in my life. I miss it. So I’m putting it back in place. It makes me better, I promise.
Time for Mission Possible: Getting on Track. Let’s get it!
Love and God Bless,